Organic Apples and Produce – Fair Hills Apple Farm – Paso Robles, California
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where is your farm?
- Our farm is located in Paso Robles, California, about 4 hrs. North of LA and 3 hrs. south of San Francisco. It’s located at the intersection of Hog Canyon, Jardine & Estrella Roads.
- How long have you been farming?
- We planted our orchard, approximately 35 acres of various apple varieties, in May of 1992.
- Do you grow anything else?
- Yes, we have about 50 acres total, 35 in apples and about 15 in various summer stone fruits, peaches, nectarines, cherries, apricots, plums.
- When did you become Organic?
- We had been growing organically since 1998 ,and got certified organic in 2002.
- Was this a family business?
- No, David was a history major in college and sold real estate for 20+/- years in Santa Barbara, California. He always had a passion for growing plants, trees, as a hobby! His wife, Nancy, was a flight attendant for Pan Am for over 15 years until they went bankrupt in 1991. With 3 little girls they decided it was the perfect time to be home more and fit the family into farming/orchard business.
- Do you have orchard tours?
- No, we don’t at this time. We sell all of our fruit ourselves, which requires a lot of time on the road traveling to many farmers markets throughout central and southern California, as well as specialty stores, hotels and restaurants. We would like to incorporate that into our business in the future.